A significant proportion of Council's operating budget is spent on the maintenance and operations of Council parks and gardens, street scapes, footpaths, roads and drainage infrastructure.
Council Depots manage this component of their operations utilising a combination of council employed field staff and contractors.
Depot operations provide a diverse and varied list of services to the community:
- Road rehabilitation and maintenance – including reconstruction, rip and strip, deep lift and edge plain, potholes, patches, failures, line markings, signage, reinstatement after service utility works.
- Footpath construction and maintenance – including tripping hazards, encroachments, reinstatement after service utility works.
- Street and footpath Sweeping
Emergency response – road accidents clean up, dead animals, hazards etc.
- Drainage maintenance – removal of silt and debris from side entry pits, drains, trash racks, silt traps and blocked drains.
- Parks and gardens maintenance – grass cutting, pruning, irrigation, playgrounds, BBQ areas, weed control and horticulture maintenance.
- Street and park Furniture installations and maintenance
Biodiversity management – propagation, planting and nurturing of local indigenous plant species for the establishment and maintenance of sustainable landscapes.
- Biodiversity management – propagation, planting and nurturing of local indigenous plant species for the establishment and maintenance of sustainable landscapes.
- Sport field maintenance – oval renovation, watering and irrigation, grass cutting, assisting sporting clubs
- Streetscape maintenance – verge maintenance, traffic control devices, street medians and protuberances
- Street and Park Tree management – planting, watering, maintenance, removal.
- Compliance management of work on council roads and footpaths by others.
- Workshop – maintenance of council machinery and equipment.
The ERA Depot Operations group will work together to identify and share opportunities for improvement of service delivery to our communities.